Canned wine is a growing trend in the beverage industry, offering an alternative packaging option for wine lovers. It involves packaging wine in cans, similar to the ones used for soft drinks and beer. Here are some key points about canned wine:
- Convenience: Canned wine is highly portable and convenient, making it a popular choice for outdoor events, picnics, concerts, and other occasions where glass bottles might be impractical.
- Shipping: it’s considerably easier and less expensive to ship cans of wine vs bottles. We actually make Pods specifically designed for shipping canned wine. Our 250ml (8.4oz) Slim Can Pods perfectly fit 250ml cans, or our Econo-Pods perfectly fit 375ml cans of wine. Some wine is caned in 12oz sleek cans, and our 12oz Slim Can Pods perfectly fit those. Shipping 8oz cans? Don’t worry, our 8oz Slim Can Pods perfectly fit those!
- Portion Control: Canned wine is typically available in smaller sizes, such as 250ml or 375ml, which allows for single servings or sharing between a few people. This helps with portion control and reduces waste.
- Freshness: Cans provide airtight and light-resistant packaging, which helps preserve the wine’s freshness and taste. The wine stays shielded from oxygen and harmful UV rays, maintaining its quality.
- Versatility: Canned wine comes in various types, including red, white, rosé, and sparkling. It offers a wide selection of varietals and blends, catering to different preferences.
- Sustainability: Aluminum cans are recyclable, making canned wine a more environmentally friendly option compared to glass bottles.
- Wine Quality: The quality of canned wine has improved over the years, and many reputable wineries now offer their products in this format. Some cans have special linings to ensure the wine’s flavor is not affected by the metal.
- Emerging Market: The canned wine market has been expanding, attracting new consumers and challenging traditional packaging norms in the wine industry.
As with any wine, it’s essential to choose a reputable brand or winery when purchasing canned wine to ensure you’re getting a high-quality product. It’s also a good idea to store canned wine in a cool, dark place to maintain its taste and characteristics.